Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall Nesting Series–The Kitchen

hoosiervillage_2012sep30


Hi, all, here’s the next installment of my contribution to the Inspired Room’s Fall Nesting Series. I thought I was done and keep tweaking my Fall decorating, but I think I’m done now ;-) That’s not to say I’m totally HAPPY with everything and I have plans to make some changes during the next year, but it doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful, right?

The top picture is the village on top of my Hoosier cabinet. I really love my villages and since Fall is my favorite season, my two Fall villages rank right up there in my list of favorite decorating items.

The bookcase hutch. I'm going to be culling a ton of those cookbooks soon and just have some decor on the shelves. I never use most of them so no need to keep them all.

image


Moving around the room, this is pretty much the rest of the kitchen. Here's the antique clock shelf and clock that's over the bar that separates the kitchen from the dining room. Those silver pitchers are antique and are from a Navy ship many years ago. I love the patina on them and have no plans to polish them. I thought they make pretty vases for some faux cat tails. I'm thinking I have too many cat tails in each one.  What do y'all think?

image

You can see the top of a dish on the bar with copper acorns in it. Here's a close up. I am developing a dangerous obsession for mercury glass and I made this dish using a faux mercury glass technique with a $1 dish from the dollar store. It's not like an antique, but it turned out pretty darn well. The acorns came off my back deck, where a blue million have fallen. The caps fall off when they hit the deck, so I picked up a bunch, baked them in the oven for 2 hours at 200 F to kill the vermin and dry them out. Then I spray painted them with copper paint and hot glued the caps back on. LOVE how they turned out. I spread them out in a cardboard box and sprayed them. As they were drying, I'd shake the box to keep them from sticking--that knocked off a little paint and gave them a distressed look that I love!

copperacorns_2012oct7

OK, that’s the kitchen and all for today. I’ll be back with dining room decorations later. Thanks so much for stopping by! I’ll be back soon with the dining room.


brownwendysignature

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They are so very appreciated!